Monday, October 26, 2009

Resolved internet problem and Windows 7 no Wireless and Audio

After a while of trying to figure out the internet access problem my appointment of the technical support personal arrive. He tested the equipment of the computer including the modem and determine the modem was the main problem. I was figuring that the problem lay in the modem for the reason that it was not detecting the phone line therefore not connecting to the DSL line as a whole.

As I trouble shoot before the software side of the problem, I had determine the modem might be the one with the problem because I made sure the phone line in my room was working correctly. The modem was eventually replace and the surprising true the technical personal told me was that each two or three years the modem stop functioning correctly or they eventually stop working as a whole. I guess you learn something new everyday.

After the new modem connection I came upon another problem which prolong the setup of the network connection of my three computers to get internet access. The first problem lay on the network router which is a Linksys Router for connection up to four computer, the router in this case was setup incorrect. It seems there was a wireless interference with another wireless network with the same name "linksys" around my neighborhood. So we change the name and the ip address to assign the rest of the computers.

The first problem was solve. However we had determine another problem with my laptop which is a Sony Vaio VGN-FS920 which I recently downloaded the 90-day trial version of Windows 7. Currently it seems the wireless network card or adapter is working fine or at least that is what Windows 7 is saying, however, the wireless adapter of the laptop is not working properly right now. Another technical problem I been having with Windows 7 is the Audio adapter of my laptop which is not producing sound for the moment. I will check with Microsoft and Sony with this dilema and how do I go about in solving them. Wish me luck. Talk you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment