Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dante The Inferno V. 2.0 Sales and Torque Game Engine

Hello again its been a while since my last post. Sorry but I have been so busy with college work lately taking a class about Modification and Level Design. Currently doing quite well with the software I am using, it is call Torque Game Engine. You can find more information about Torque Game Engine at link: http://www.torquepowered.com/ . With the software version of the SDK 1.5.2 of TGE, I have been learning how to create terrains and how to modified them in its height, textures, place static and movable objects and much more.

Other features TGE has is the Torque-Script which is use for game play mechanics, create and instantiate objects and programs its behaviors among other great features I have not been able to learn as of yet. For this week assignment I had to learn how to place textures appropriately with the seamless feature or repeated tiles and textures. This takes the user from the immersion of the video game and takes out the realism. Another objective in TGE I needed to learn was how to use the console window of the TGE to translate, rotate, and scale objects in the world editor.

Later I use the Torque-Script by using the software Torsion which is an editor for TGE for scripting purposes, please note this is not the only editor that could do this for TGE. In this editor I learn to program the executable to accept my script and execute them instead of calling the console itself and using the line command. However I have also learn how to do this through console window of TGE world editor. Other objectives I needed to complete was to include lighting features, items that could pick up, sounds or music, etc... I needed to only complete two task, however I have decided to include a simple feature which is weather.

Raining atmosphere with the texture of the terrain to be an icy roam which it since to the player that it is snowing hard. By increasing the fog tensity I have made a scary atmosphere as I have planned to do. By the end of this modification of this particular level I will hope to accomplish at least by the end of Modification and Level Design a Mod level based on a FPS (First Person Shooter) of a Zombies outbreak out in the snowy mountains of Alaska. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you about the history behind the mod. I guess I will leave that out for now until I have finish and later I will post on youtube a video sample of the mod.

In the other hand I have recently receive email from Apple Developer Center that Dante The Inferno V. 2.0 application for the iPhone and iPod Touch has been purchase. I would like a moment to thank all of you who have downloaded and hopefully enjoy Dante's poem about the Inferno. I do also hope the commentaries included in the beginning of each Cantos will help out in giving out the big picture of the particular Cantos the reader is about to read. We at Red Fox Software thank you all our clients and avid readers out there for their purchased and if you have any need of help with out software please drop us a line at julioykaly@hotmail.com.

Julio A. Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment